Grazing Resource USB (Free Shipping)
Grazing School Resource USB
This is the closest thing you can get to attending a Grazing School with Jim Gerrish without actually being there!
The AGLS Resource Disc contains narrated PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and PDF copies of our most popular How-to Guides.
The 11 PowerPoint presentations are the classroom component of our basic 4-day grazing school program. Each presentation is narrated by Jim and will run automatically on any version of PowerPoint going back to MS Office 93-97 era up thru current editions.
- What can MiG do for you
- Setting goals and objectives
- Understanding stocking rate, carrying capacity, and stock density
- Getting the most out of your pastures
- Grazier’s math
- Grazing cell layout & design
- Cost effective pasture improvement
- Using a pasture inventory and grazing wedges
- Matching forage and livestock resources
- Extending the grazing season
- Effectively grazing winter pastures
The 30 Excel spreadsheets range from simple calculators for simple questions to pasture inventory and record keeping templates. These are the spreadsheets I use most commonly in my consulting business for both planning and analysis. Basic understanding of spreadsheet function is required to use these tools effectively. Fence Cost Calculator, Stock Water Calculator, and Hay Cost Calculator are included in the package.
Included on the USB is our very popular ‘Electric Fence Basics’ guide as well as the ‘Stock Water Development Guide’ and ‘Center Pivot Grazing Cell Guide’. There is also information on conducting pasture inventories and using the grazing wedge for planning your grazing season.